ADE7763 Part-2

Having recently gotten my DigiKey order I installed the crystal and its load caps on the breadboard circuit. Next I started to work on the communications to the ADE. I quickly learned that the Endian-nes of the ADE and and Arduino are opposite. I spent a fair chunk of time fixing the data transfer routines to account for this. Just before going to bed, I think I got the bulk of the issues fixed. I was able to write than read various values to a register. Next will be to test the heck out of the communication interface before trying to get the chip to measure RMS values. Perhaps by the end of the weekend. So far, I like this chip.

 

This entry was posted in Home Energy Monitor, Projects. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Blue Captcha Image
Refresh

*