The Eagle has landed

I got in my shipment of spare parts to replace the one I smoked. After replacing the part, I ran a bunch of tests and let it run for 24 hours without any noticeable issues. So, its is time to layout a board for fab.

I picked Eagle layout software because SparkFun uses it for all their products. Can’t be that bad and it has a large number of parts in its libraries. I got it installed and I am starting to use it. For never having used a schematic/layout design tool, this has a pretty steep learning curve. Luckily there are quire a few tutorials available.

I also sent an email off to my local building inspector. I outlined my concept and asked to meet with him to make sure what I have planned he will OK. No sense in spending lots of money only to have him veto the whole thing.

This entry was posted in Home Energy Monitor, Projects. Bookmark the permalink.