Last week I got called out of town and did not have a chance to work with the parts that have started to come in. Today I caught up on my sleep (I had 16 hours in the last 3 days), fixed a few computer problems that had come up, and then adjourned to my secret lair. First thing I did was to mechanically attach both the Pololu IMU and servo mux. I then connected up the servo mux such that either the RC transmitter has full control over the chassis, or the processor does. The switch is based on the third channel of my RC transmitter. Works like a charm.
Before I started to work on the IMU, I decided to give the speed control PID loop a “Hail Mary” to see if it would work. It did not. Will need to get up in the morning and work on this as my afternoon is shot with a graduation party.