Lightning Detector

First I must apologize for going off line so long. Back in June I got a cold that damaged my inner ear. With the damage, I have been suffering from vertigo. Luckily, the brain learns and re-calibrates the inner ear “gyro” and the issue slowly goes away. Just as that issue was disappearing, work picked up and I was working two shifts a day doing testing with a monster 3 axis rate table. But that seems to be going away and I have some time to myself.

First thing I did was to catch up on the Sparkfun forum where I discovered a post that “Embedded Adventures” had made a breakout board for the Franklin Lightning Detector chip made by an Austrian company. I immediately put one on order. Should arrive in a few days from the UK for $USA 27. Not too bad. This should prove much easier to design and implement than my custom circuit that was giving me such grief.

 

This entry was posted in Lightning detector, Projects. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Blue Captcha Image
Refresh

*